- Led UX efforts for CGI West in procuring a spot on the ADPQ (Agile Development Pre-qualified Vendor Pool list)
- Led agile development for suite of internal business development tools
- Led agile development for commercial health insurance API conversion initiative
January 2017 - present
Senior Consultant — CGI Technology and Solutions, Inc.
As a senior consultant with CGI I am primarily responsible for leading efforts related to agile transformation and heading user experience centered projects within my business unit. I work with both the local teams to lead, coach, and implement agile solutions for projects spanning everything from commercial to child welfare. I am also engaged with the national UX team in assisting with their efforts to bring sound UX principles to their many commercial and government related endeavours.
- Led overall visual design and interface development efforts
- Led UX initiatives for development of best in class web based cloud infrastructure & cost management suite
- Developed a fully user-centric interaction model for iterative parallel feature development streams
- Transitioned development team to a scaled fully Agile Scrum methodology
February 2015 - December 2016
Senior UX Developer — Cloud Cruiser, Inc.
I wore a variety of hats with Cloud Cruiser. During my tenure there I was both the sole visual and experience designer as well as the Scrum Master and agile development advocate. Playing dual roles meant that I was involved in almost every aspect of planning and development. From early product design and strategic planning sessions with senior management through iterative development and release; I helped bring Cloud Cruiser through our transition from embedded platform to Sass offering in 18 months and eventually to their high profile acquisition by HPE.
- Transitioned entire organization of more than 70 developers to Agile Scrum development framework
- Led Scrum of Scrums for up to 6 concurrent development teams
- Led all UX research and development efforts across all products, technologies, and platforms
- Managed the teams responsible for in-house art and interface development pipelines
April 2013 - January 2015
Development Director — 5th Planet Games
My role as Development Director for 5th Planet Games afforded me the opportunity to oversee a breadth of activities related to user experience and user interface as well as managing the in-house art and animation teams. It was during this time I also received my Scrum Master certification. This training helped with my efforts to transition the organization to agile planning and development methods. These techniques helped both to coordinate development and release cycle planning with company executives as well as helping to provide clarity and transparency with external stakeholders with regard to strategic planning efforts.
- Developed UI assets and interactive specs for 3 launch titles
- Contributed redesign assets and experience improvement specs for 4 game titles
- Contributed as a cross-functional team member for 2-3 concurrent active development efforts
October 2010 - April 2013
Lead UX/UI Developer — EA Capital Games (formerly BioWare Social formerly KlickNation)
During my time with KlickNation, then BioWare Social and eventually Electronic Arts, I worked on 7 games spanning multiple genres, platforms, and technologies including HTML, Flash/Flex, and Unity 3D for Facebook and mobile. My responsibilities varied by team but generally included leading all aspects of interface design and implementation, metrics analysis, and iteratively identifying analytics and user-centric experience improvements.
July 2009 - October 2010
Co-founder/Design Manager — Splitmind Solutions
As design manager for Splitmind Solutions I was primarily responsible for managing client and partner relationships and overseeing the execution phases of project development. My duties often included oversight and contributions involving concept development, tech and platform implementation, specification development, content creation, art direction, and information architecture.
January 2005 - September 2008
Founder/Design Manager — Defiant Lines
I started Defiant Lines as an outlet for exploring my creative and entrepreneurial passions. I worked with several local companies both big and small as well as with national entities on a wide variety of projects ranging from educational curriculum development to eCommerce websites in the time before mobile was a viable platform. I managed every aspect of the studio from wooing clients and design to invoicing and collections. This structure allowed me to hone my production skills while offering me the flexibility to pursue other technical and artistic interests including, programming and photography. Both of which helped me significantly when I ultimately decided to shutter my business and go back to school to earn my degree in graphic design.
B.S. Graphic Design — California State University, Sacramento
Certified Scrum Master — cPrime & Agile Alliance
- User experience design
- User research
- Interaction design
- Information architecture
- Workflow development
- Interface design
- Interactive Prototyping
- Agile Scrum Development
- Agile Coaching
- Visual design
- Unity 3D